Participating in CRISS is very easy
Just click on the link below and fill in the form. And that’s all, your school will be registered in our database and we will keep you informed of all the news via email. No strings attached.
How does CRISS work?
CRISS is an online platform that can be accessed through a web browser without having to install any external software.
Students will be able to access the platform through the Internet to acquire digital skills while completing the course syllabus. In turn, the system will help teachers to collect evidence and evaluate students.
Lastly, students who pass the programmed activities will obtain the digital competence certification.
Teachers will be able to choose between several learning scenarios that include activities related to different subjects to develop in the classroom.
Teachers will be able to decide the time they want to invest in each of the scenarios, adapting the tool to their way of teaching (never the other way around).
The platform is designed to practice digital competence while learning curriculum subjects, so the use of the platform will not affect course progress.
To ensure the optimal development of the educational experience, teachers will have support via chat and email throughout the process.
The teachers and schools registered in the CRISS project will have the following resources at their disposal:
- Guided dynamization throughout the process.
- Online training through a MOOC.
- Library of activities for content programming.
- Tools to create and evaluate tailor-made activities.
- CRISS user support service.
- A system for monitoring and evaluating students.
- A model to certify digital competence of students who pass the programmed activities.
The platform will automatically update all its content through the Internet.
E-mail us and we will help you with whatever you need.
To public and private secondary schools located in member states of the European Union that are committed to the development and certification of digital competences and want to offer a pioneering educational experience in Europe.
The Digital Competence Framework for Citizens (DigComp 2.1) recently published by the European Union states that 1 of the 8 key competences that students must acquire before completing compulsory education is precisely digital competence.
Therefore, the target audience of the CRISS project is all secondary schools, teachers and students in Europe, without exception.
During the school year 2018-2019. To receive information about the start of the program, just subscribe by clicking on this link and you’ll receive regular updates.
Only 3 things are needed:
- To be an educational center.
- To belong to the European Union.
- To have students between the ages of 12 and 16.
The official launch is planned for September 2018.
Initially, there is no set minimum number of students. Instead, it is a decision of each center or teaching staff that participates in CRISS.
Yes, free during the academic year 2018-19.
There is no requirement that all or even part of the teaching staff agree to participate. The pilot project can be carried out by a single teacher in a classroom. However, it is recommended that participation in CRISS be a project of the educational center. There is no minimum number of teachers required to participate.
The duration of the complete experience will be approximately 3 months. The same teacher can carry out the educational experience more than once during an academic year and with different groups of students.
No, the participation agreement is signed by each center, although ideally, everyone interested in participating signs up in order to be fully informed.
Yes, the only requirement is that teachers guarantee they will be in the same center for 3 months.
You need one computer per student and an internet connection that allows work on a cloud platform.
Access to the platform is the same as with any standard website or cloud platform. No special connection requirements are needed.
Yes, except when using the CRISS Portabily tool which can cause some problems with the DRAG & DROP option. The use of the Portabily tool is optional, not obligatory.
The certification scenarios have been designed with secondary students in mind. The main areas covered are Computing, Geography, History and Math. Other subjects covered include Civic Education, Physics, Arts, Social Sciences, Sustainable Development and Audiovisual Education.
The number of hours required depends on the itinerary of scenarios that is undertaken. For example, the itinerary of scenarios required for the certificate of digital competence for students is 85 hours.
Teachers will be able to create their own scenarios which they can adapt to the particular needs of their students and their materials, but these scenarios must be approved by the CRISS consortium. The facilitators will be available to help teachers create these scenarios.
Teachers will have a MOOC in English about the theoretical framework of digital competence and the use of the CRISS platform. Three opportunities to take the MOOC will be held, one in October-November, another in December-January and the final one in February-March.
In addition to the MOOC, teachers will be provided with manuals and tutorials in English and, occasionally, in the mother language of the country where the center is located.
Yes, teachers who participate will have a User Support Service available to them during the entire time of the pilot.
Yes, keeping in mind that the level of the scenarios have been designed for the 12-16 year old age range.
Teachers as well as the students participate in the evaluation.
Yes, during the evaluation, various teachers can take part depending on the subjects involved in the scenario.
- The teaching staff, using the CRISS scenarios and guided by the system, plan the activities to be carried out.
- Students perform the activities and produce learning outcomes to be presented in their e-portfolio.
- The teachers, using the evaluation tools created by the platform, evaluate the students in each activity.
- The system compiles the results and details of student work as they are carrying out the proposed activities and scenarios. Using a combined analysis of these evaluations and information, the system compares this information with the criteria of the competencies framework and then indicates to both students and teachers the level of digital competence achieved in each area or sub-competency.
- Using this criteria framework as a basis, the teacher can control the level of each student, and eventually decide to assign more actividades and work that will allow the student to reach the level of digital competence desired.
- When the students satisfactorily complete all the performance criteria, they can receive the complete certification. This accreditation is digital and the students will always have it at their disposition in their e-portfolios and ICT Dynamic profiles (which can be viewed through badges and indicators of the percentages of digital competences acquired). As students pass more criteria, more competences are recognized.
Students will acquire a certificate of the CRISS consortium according to their participation.
Teachers will earn a program participation certificate issued by the CRISS consortium.
Why should you choose CRISS and not another educational experience?
For these 10 reasons:
- You will enhance the digital skills of your students by following the European Union standards.
- You will practice teaching digital competences with an avant-garde and easy-to-use tool.
- You will increase the visibility and reputation of your school.
- You will promote creativity and cooperation among students.
- The flexibility of CRISS will allow you to adapt it perfectly to the way you teach.
- Your school will be able to certify the digital competence of students who pass the programmed activities.
- Teachers who participate in the educational experience will receive an official MOOC certificate.
- The school will be able to access up-to-date content and practical resources via the internet and the permanent connection to the cloud.
- There will be a support service (via chat and email) available for all teachers who participate in the educational experience that will give them support throughout the process.
- Your school will be ready for the future.