Halsingland Education Association (HEA) is a collaboration between the three municipalities in the county of Hälsingland (Bollnäs, Söderhamn, Nordanstig). In HEA the municipalities cooperate around education and training on various levels from upper secondary level for youth to adult education and vocational training for adults.
The municipalities within HEA organises education and vocational training for about 5 000 students per year. HEA makes it possible for the municipalities to offer a broad spectrum of courses that each municipality by itself would be unable to offer due to financial reasons. HEA was established in 2015.
The municipalities have participated in numerous projects funded by the EU/ESF many of them related to lifelong learning and how this can be organised in rural areas.
The HEA cooperation also focuses on R&D about for example distance learning using ICT technology, digital skills and appropriate pedagogical methods.
The HEA is the national centre in Sweden for UNESCO/UNEVOC. The HEA is accredited by the EHFA/EuropeActive.
Main achievements relevant to the call:
- LLP 2010-2012 CMINDS: Edutainment
- LLP 2012-2014: Language learning by the help of ICT
- LLP 2013-2015: INTOUCH ICT Learning by smartphones
- LLP 2011-2013: GLOBAL SRS Mobile app interaction with smartboard basic
- LLP 2012-2014: DONE IT Mobile app interaction with smartboard advanced
HEA main role in the project is related to:
- Collaboration in the definition of the methodology framework for digital competences acquisition and certification.
- Piloting CRISS in 10 schools, with 400 students and 20 teachers during one school year.
- Provide supporting activities and organise training workshops.
- Participating in the widespread of the online pilot and the project objectives and outcomes.
Collaboration in the definition of the methodology framework
Piloting CRISS in 10 schools
Provide supporting activities
Organise training workshops